Supplemental and Non-CFO deadlines:
FY14 Fall Supplemental – Friday, September 13, 2013 at 5pm
FY14 Spring Supplemental – Friday, January 31, 2014 at 5pm
FY15 Non-CFO Annual Budget – Friday, March 28, 2014 at 5pm
Instructions for Applying for Fiscal Funding from UISG
If your organization relies on funding from UISG, it is highly recommended that you submit a fiscal budget request as your organization may find it difficult to obtain adequate funding through supplemental periods alone.
-The FY14 Fall Supplemental funding deadline is Friday, September 13th at 5:00pm. No exception to the deadline will be made.
-Submit budgets under the budget period “FY14 Supplemental 1 - Non-CFOs”.
-We ask that you submit budget items according to priority, putting most important items at the top of your budget request and least important items towards the bottom.
-Please request funding for all events, trips, supplies, etc. that you will need for the within the fiscal year (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014). UISG considers funding requests for the entire fiscal year, while ECGPS will only consider requests for items occurring during the Fall 2013 semester.
-The current Maximum Funding Standards will apply; however, travel requests may be considered depending upon the total amount of funding requested.
Please do not hesitate to contact UISG Chief Financial Officer Drew Turner at email@example.com with questions or advice regarding your organization’s fiscal budget request.
Max Funding Standards
- The Max Funding Standards are the guidelines that SABAC will use to make allocation decisions for FY 2014. Please note the following changes:
- Maximum Honoraria funding is $1,500 based on projected attendance
- Venue rental fees for non-UI facilities (with the exception of Old Brick) will not be funded
- Venue rental fees for recurring events such as meetings will not be funded
- It is highly recommended that student organizations refer to these guidelines when creating and submitting a budget request.
In order to request funding for your student organization, you need to log in to OrgSync. Once inside OrgSync, follow the instructions below or watch the video tutorials provided at the bottom of this page:
Delegating a Treasurer
- From the Home page of your Student Organization in OrgSync, click on “People” and select “All People.”
- Check the box that appears to the left for whomever you wish to make the Treasurer.
- Click the tab entitled “Permissions."
- Scroll down until you see the list entitled “Treasury” and check mark the boxes of tasks you wish your treasurer to have access to. Though “Budgets” is required, clicking all the boxes is encouraged. Note: only the delegated Treasurer will have access to budgets.
Requesting Budgeting Funds
- From the Home page of your Student Organization, click on “Treasury” and select “Budgets.”
- Select the “Period” that you are currently in. It will start with “FY” and then have the two numbers of the current year. (For example, 2013 would be represented by “FY13”)
- Once the correct Period is selected, click on “New Budget.”
- Before filling out your budget request form, please read the Funding Submission Do's and Don'ts.
- Title your request in the “Budget Name” section, and select the appropriate “Category” that your budget request regards.
- Under “Line Item” select the type of item your budget request will be used for and then describe in detail what exactly you’re requesting this budget for.
- Under “Request a Budget” type your requested budget amount with both dollars and cents.
- Press “FILL OUT” and follow the instructions included.
- Upload any documents necessary underneath the “Upload Documents” section at the bottom of the page.
- If no documents are necessary or you’ve attached the applicable documents, click on “ADD BUDGET ITEM” to add your next "Category" request.
- Once you have completed your budget request, click submit.
- Process Overview
- Designating a Treasurer
- Filling out a budget request form
- Reviewing SABAC allocation decisions
- Spending allocated funds
About UISG Funding
UISG funding allocations are made using a portion of Student Activity Fees.
Need a high resolution image of the UISG logo to put on your marketing material? Click here.
Questions? Contact UISG Chief Financial Officer Drew Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org)