About The Campaign
The Get To Know Me Campaign focuses on getting to know each individual. Diversity goes beyond our race or our religion; every individual brings diversity through their own unique experiences and identities. The Get To Know Me Challenge invites students to discover the diversity around them.
- Try a new cuisine
- Talk to someone new in class ...Get To Know Them!
- See a film at the Bijou, or rent a movie that showcases another culture
- Ask someone about their culture ...Get To Know Them!
- Read a book about a culture different from your own
- Visit the University of Iowa Museum of Art (Located on 3rd floor IMU)
- Go to a place of worship different than your own and participate in the celebration
- Sit with a new group of people in the dining hall ...Get To Know Them!
- Visit the Cultural Centers on campus