Instead of submitting one yearly budget, student organization leaders will be able to apply for funds on a rolling basis. Revision periods will occur every two weeks. The following schedule is for the 2018-2019 school year.
UISG has strict guidelines on how much money will be allocated for each type of budget item. Please visit the Funding Guidelines page for this information.
Applications will be submitted using the Engage Budgeting System and will be due on the application due date [each one is a Sunday] at 5:00 pm. The portal will be closed during academic breaks. If you are in need of funding over an academic break, please contact the Director of Finance, Noel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to submit a budget request to receive UISG funding, please use the following instructions.
To navigate to Engage to begin your budget request, visit https://uiowa.campuslabs.com/engage/.
Below is the schedule for application due dates. Applicants will be notified within 24 hours of the allocation meeting.
Student organizations will be broken up into three categories. The amount of funding that can be applied for and allocated is dependent on which category the student organization fits into.
Types of Student Organizations
Category 1: Sponsored Student Organizations
- Can apply for a maximum of $50,000 annually
- There is no specific dollar limit per application
Category 2: Departmental/Affiliated Organizations
- Can apply for a maximum of $15,000 annually
- There is a $7,500 limit for any one application; this includes applications for a series of events
Category 3: Campus/General Student Organizations
- Can apply for a maximum of $9,000 annually
- There is a $4,500 limit for any one application; this includes applications for a series of events
These categories are determined by CSIL and will be listed on the Student Organization Management Tool (SOMT).