Dear UI Students,
Each spring the University of Iowa Student Government (UISG) and Graduate & Professional Student Government (GPSG) solicit applications to fill student vacancies on Presidential Charter and All-University committees. All UI students are eligible and are encouraged to apply.
If you currently serve on a committee and desire to serve another term, you must complete the application in full and include why you are interested in serving another term.
The deadline for applying for committee openings is Friday, March 30th at 5PM.
Presidential Charter committees play an important role in the shared governance of our University. Charter committees were established to assure that University-wide services and activities are carried out in the best interests of the UI community. Their general responsibility is twofold:
1) to recommend and to advise on the formulation of University policy
2) to assist in the interpretation of University policies to their respective constituencies.
Please consider playing a critical role in the shared governance of the University of Iowa by applying today. (Note: While the two student governments coordinate the selection process and act in a liaison role to the Presidential Charter Committees, these committees are distinctly separate from UISG and GPSG).
The following committees (Charter and All-University) and number of openings for student members include:
- Campus Planning (3 student positions)
- Council on Teaching (4 student positions)
- Diversity (4 student positions - 2 undergraduate, 1 graduate, & 1 professional)
- Family Issues (3 student positions)
- Financial Aid Advisory (6 student positions - 1 student co-chair)
- Hancher Auditorium (6 student positions - 1 student chair)
- Information Technology Advisory (2 student positions)
- Parking and Transportation (4 student positions)
- Recreational Services (5 student positions - 1 student co-chair)
- Research Council (2 student positions - 1 undergraduate & 1 graduate)
- University Libraries (4 student positions - 2 undergraduate & 2 graduate or professional)
- University Safety & Security (3 student positions)
- Presidential Committee on Athletics (2 student positions - Non-Charter)
- Sustainability (4 student positions)
- Student Judicial Court (4 student positions)
Find more information on these committees at the Presidential Charter Committees website: http://president.uiowa.edu/about-university/charter-committees
Committee terms will begin in September 2018. Interviews will be Sunday, April 8th, 2018 in the Global Welcome Room (former Wisconsin room- 339).
You must also sign up for an interview time if selected and will be notified by email where to sign up. You will be informed of the final decision in the following days. Note: If you currently serve on a committee, and your term is expiring, you must reapply if you would like to remain on the committee.
Please contact one of the following with questions:
UISG (Undergraduate) - email@example.com GPSG (Graduate/Professional) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following link to submit your application: